Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mid year review and projection



New Year's Resolutions Accomplished:
Take a risk in dating
Master the art of getting boys to ask for my number
Get a library card
Use it
Read a book from the library
Like it
Exercise regularly
Visit Kitty City
Cut out a skirt
Record nice things that happen in my journal
Flirt without restraint
Get reimbursed for everything
Say nice things to people
Talk positively to strangers
Turn my phone off in social settings
Invite one new friend to hang out
Do not assume peoples' motives
Believe you're worth it

New Year's Resolutions Not Accomplished Yet:
Kiss a boy
Finish my website
Run 356 miles
Make a skirt
Touch boys
Cash a check the day after I get it
Don't complain in public--Almost there!
Say nice things to people
Turn my phone off in social settings
Contact publishing companies
Ask friends about themselves
Get married
Scan my college work (written) and throw it away

Additional Accomplishments:
Apply for and get accepted to grad school
Consider alternative career opportunities
Be positive at work
Do not participate in teacher's lounge drama
Be honest with boys I date before I start to treat them poorly as a defense mechanism
Be friendly to boys you don't think you want to date
Participate in the ward
Volunteer
Attend the temple once a month
Play on a kickball team
Play on a softball team
Run a half marathon in January (Let's NEVER do that again)
Find a work out class you like: Kick boxing!
Dance confidently in public
Dance in private
Record the good deeds I do in my journal each night to encourage me to do something good to have something to write
Master the art of being a good date regardless of my interest level


To do before I turn 28:
Run and like it
Laugh
Allow others to be funny too
Be a good neighbor--throw a block party
Speak kind words because I can
Defend the defenseless
Be confident in group settings
Believe I'm pretty when I'm standing next to Jane Fonda
Build lasting friendships
Eat fresh vegetables and fruit
Shop at Goodwill before I look anywhere else for an item I need
Get up early
Make good food and share it
Straighten my hair (chemically)
Listen, record, remember what others care about
Attend every wedding reception to which I am formally invited
Attend a stranger's wedding reception with a gift
Learn to show I care without spending money
Spend a day with a mortician
Write letters
Send postcards
Live in the mountains for a week
Write sacrament meeting talk without being asked to speak
Fix my sewing machine
Photograph my college work (figure drawings) and throw them away
Master the art of giving away my number
Treat people like they're going to surprise you
Make eye contact with men when they speak to me
Smile once a day
Sincerely accept compliments
Play in lake water as frequently as possible
Water ski--drop a ski and stay up for 20 seconds
Go skiing in the snow in the day
Refrain from breaking my glasses for a period of one year
Shave my legs with shaving cream
Get a six pack---you think I'm kidding


1 comment:

Mick said...

I guess you've got to be careful about using the word DATE in a blog because when you do they insert an ad for a Colombian dating service featuring photos of buxom Latinas...unless that's what you had in mind.

Search This Blog