Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Forgotten Painting



This was the first and only painting that I created specifically for a show--A World Without Art. I can't even remember how it applies to the theme. It doesn't help that I painted over sections of the painting to change it up for another show--some religion scholarship show. While it was accepted into the show, I didn't receive a scholarship, nor do I remember the scripture that I changed the painting for, or it's title. Funny how that works. I guess it wasn't that important to me--only because I've never been completely satisfied with this work, I am however, satisfied with that hair.

I remember now why I tucked it away never to be seen for 3+ years. I just dug it out of storage. It's just that I don't like the changes I made to the painting. I prefer the original version. But, the painting, does make me want to get back into oil painting. I'd just need a place.

1 comment:

Sylvia Louise said...

I liked the original too. But I just like it. I'm not really sure what that means.

Search This Blog