Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Barney Five

Or is it Barney Fife? Whatever he's called I met him tonight--back from the crypt. Well, he looked an awful lot like That One Inspirational Speaker Guy That Everyone Knows and Loves who lives Bytheway.

His Barney impression was the highlight of the evening. He spoke about making goals and working towards them--the value of work. I know now, that in six months time I WILL be Reba McEntire in the produce section of the Wal-mart that isn't even super just up the street (Who would have thought they made plain Wal-marts anymore).

...

This morning I set out to be a real person, again, by milling through the grocery adds for five different grocery stores in the neighborhood. I wrote a list of desired products, and located the best place to buy the item. Then I wrote a detailed list of stores to visit, grocery items to purchase at each store, and items to pick up anywhere along the way. It took all of 2 hours. Then my mom contacted me on Gchat for my sister who was on the freeway nearing the exit toward my place to inquire as to whether or not she should take it to pick me up and take me shopping with her today. Life without a phone is horrible disappointing and inconvenient. Life without a phone that has been found but not retrieved is somewhat exhilarating and inconvenient for everyone else around you. I gave the thumbs up and ran to the bathroom to splash water in my face.

After hours of shopping, I gunned it to the gym to meet my trainer (ten minutes late), weighed in (at 155.2--.2 from my goal weight), checked out after 40 minutes, slugged through the rest of it, and ran to Sam's club to purchase the four items I had designated were best buys in their grocery.

After 30 minutes of making the rounds, I soon realized that just about everything was a better price at Sam's. So I filled my cart and was on my way.

So--I tried saving money, and DID! Sam's club is the way to go (especially if you eat the same exact thing every day). I won't have to go back for at least a month.

...

I cut my hair so short my neighbor came over and exclaimed, "Who are you?"

So, I told him I was Reba.

2 comments:

Lark said...

The mom enjoyed helping by relaying a cell phone call from a UT highway through a MN computer chat to an apartment not far from the UT highway.

Sylvia Louise said...

Hi, Reba. Glad you and your hair are back.

Search This Blog