Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Pretty Face

I went swimming with a couple of boys. We were at a Mormon swimming party. At first I didn't notice that I was one of four girls in a one piece suit, and only two of those were modest.

I didn't notice the women were all skin, because I'm a woman--a woman and an art major. But the boys sure did.

"All the girls are in bikinis," they told me. I was surprised.

"Well, I guess they are, aren't they?" I replied.

I was impressed they had noticed and just as equally disappointed to find that noticing the girls were immodest didn't mean anything more than the boys had eyes.

"I almost got her number."

"The girl in the bikini?"

"Yah. I thought she was cute."

"Yah?"

"Her face, I mean..."

...

Once upon a time there was a girl who liked a boy and a boy who liked a girl after years of being acquainted. Then there was a new girl--a girl the boy had never seen before. Her clothes were tight and...but she was friendly. He fell for her. The girl who liked the boy was hurt because the boy who liked her had liked her because he knew her, and the girl he quickly settled for--well, he couldn't have known her, so he must have been attracted to...her face.

Moral: Some women make it difficult for the rest of us.

The End

Well, I guess it's not really the end. It's not the end because none of this really matters. None of it matters, because the people who matter--the really smart ones--well, they're really smart.

1 comment:

Jordan Reasor said...

This really isn't meant for anyone who isn't Mormon. It's written by a Mormon for a Mormon who understands the complexities of Mormon ideology and lifestyles. So--questions? Ask.

Search This Blog